Click to enlarge
Schoopers is set amongst rolling green fields on the edge of the Camel Estuary, tucked away down a long country lane at Gentle Jane. Here you have just one neighbour, meaning it’s the perfect place to escape the crowds. You are only five minutes away from the beautiful village of Rock and fifteen minutes from the town of Wadebridge, which have all the amenities you need for a holiday in pure comfort.
The house is traditional, with a treasure trove of antique furniture and a library of books. Enjoy wonderful views of the estuary from the living room, or head out to the balcony: the perfect spot to sit and take in the surrounding countryside. The kitchen also shares these views so you can enjoy a leisurely breakfast while soaking in the Cornish countryside. In colder months, cosy up in front of the brand new log burner and watch the rise and fall of the estuary outside.
The house sleeps six across three beautiful bedrooms. The master bedroom is newly decorated and spacious with a large en-suite. The room is styled with soft blue and cream tones complimented by dark wooden furniture. The second bedroom is traditionally decorated with wooden antique furniture. From here, enjoy views stretching across the lush valley and down to the estuary. The third bedroom is a twin room decorated with calming tones of duck egg blue and pink, surrounded by greenery outside.
A bubbling stream follows a large garden and woods down to the shore, where you’ll find your own private shingle beach. This is perfect for launching a kayak, fishing, skipping stones, wildlife spotting, picnics, barbecues and general exploration. In the spring and summer the well established gardens come alive with a whole host of bright flowers and foliage, from golden daffodils to beautiful magnolia trees.
With stunning views and a truly unique location, Schoopers is most certainly a hidden gem of the Cornish coastline.
From Schoopers, it’s just a short drive to Porthilly Cove (where the famous oysters and mussels are farmed), and its secluded beach and picturesque church.
Just round the corner from Porthilly Cove is the village of Rock (a five-minute drive from Gentle Jane), loved for its long, golden beach, rolling sand dunes and fantastic shops and restaurants. Get out on the water at the Rock Sailing Club, just a five-minute drive away, or pop to the St Enodoc Golf Club for a game with far-reaching views of the estuary and Atlantic.
The house is only a fifteen-minute drive from the beautiful town of Wadebridge, which has a lovely selection of independent shops, cafés and restaurants, all on the banks of the Camel Estuary. Here, you'll find all the conveniences you need, including a supermarket and petrol station.
• Bedroom one (master) has an en-suite with bath, a double wardrobe, chest of drawers and dressing table.
• Bedroom two has a king-size bed, dressing table and views across the valley.
• Bedroom three has twin beds, chest of drawers and side table.
• Kitchen with hob and oven, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, kettle and toaster.
• Living room with access to a balcony overlooking the valley and Camel Estuary.
• Utility room with washer/dryer, fridge/freeze and sink.
• Downstairs bathroom with bath and overhead shower.
• Second downstairs shower room.
• Downstairs WC.
• Electric storage heaters.
• TV and DVD Player.
• Log burner.
• Large garden with woods and stream, and a private shingle beach (shared with adjacent bungalow).
• Outdoor furniture.
• Parking for up to two cars.
• Changeover Day: Saturday - the owner will accept a 5-night stay during peak periods.
• Pet Friendly - Please note that this property only accept
Please fill in the form below to receive updates and special information about our properties